Dr. Holger Kinzel
Doktor-Ingenieur, Master of Mediation
|Phone:||+49 5171 524-83|
|Fax:||+49 5171 524-97|
|Mobile:||+49 172 54 66 211|
Born May 25, 1957 in Cologne/Germany, married, 2 daughters German citizen
Holger Kinzel is the Owner and Managing Director at planxty engineering & consulting Services GmbH, a German engineering and consulting company. He has over 30 years' experience in the oil and gas sector and specializes in drilling engineering, design and optimization, exploration and reservoir evaluation, pipeline technology and underground storage, risk and safety analysis, accident and hazard prevention as well as staff and team development and business mediation.
Looking back on over 30 years of industry experience, Holger worked in various technical, research and management position in domestic and international assignments. During his career, he published more than 50 technical and scientific papers and served in international conferences as committee member and session chairman.
- Diplom-Ingenieur (equivalent to MSc) in Drilling and Petroleum Engineering, Technical University of Clausthal/Germany (1983)
- Master of Mediation (MM), University of Hagen/Germany (2016)
- Doktor-Ingenieur (equivalent to PhD in engineering) at the Technical University of Freiberg/Germany (2017)
Competencies and Skills
Before setting up his own consulting firm in 2014, Holger Kinzel worked for over 24 years for the Weatherford Group in various senior capacities with a focus on account management, sales and business development. Weatherford, headquartered in Switzerland is an international oil and natural gas service company providing products and services for drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention of oil and natural gas wells, along with pipeline construction and commissioning.
Most recently, until January 2014, Holger served as the Global Business Director & Senior Account Manager Austria, Czech Republic and Slovakia at Weatherford Energy Services. In this position, he managed the global account of a major Austrian client (OMV Group) and was responsible for key account management and sales of all Weatherford product and service lines in Austria, Czech Republic and Slovakia. His previous positions at Weatherford include: Senior Account Manager (2009-2012), Business Development Director Continental Europe (2008-2009), Manager Technical Services & Technical Sales at Weatherford Oil GmbH (1989-2008).
Earlier in his career, Holger worked for Preussag AG as Project Manager Research and Development, Directional Drilling and Drilling Engineering (1985-1989) and Technical Manager in Egypt (1983-1985).
- German - native language
- English - full professional proficiency
- French - conversation
- Arabic - basic knowledge
Publications, Teaching Experience, Memberships, Patents
- Author and co-author of over 50 technical and scientific papers and articles
- Visiting lecturer at technical universities and colleges
- Program committee member and session chairman at international technical conferences (e.g. SPE/EAGE EUROPEC)
- Member of Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), Deutsche Wissenschaftliche Gesellschaft für Erdöl, Erdgas und Kohle (DGMK) and Deutsche Stiftung Mediation.
- Inventor (US Patent US 6298883 B1)
- European Classes A, B, BE and C1
- Playing the folk music fiddle, sailing, amateur radio (callsign: DK8KW)